Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pastel Still Life



 Pastel Still Life Project

 
 

     When I planned my composition for this pastel still life I considered the positive and negative space. I chose to position my items in a way that the foreground didn't have much in it, and the background had a lot of color and life.I did this using a thumbnail sketch.A thumbnail sketch is a drawing that is done to plan the composition of your space. You have the option to move your "window" of vision around, and decide the best angle and place to put your objects at. After I planned my composition I had to work on making my objects look more realistic. I made my items appear to be three dimensional by shading my objects. Changing value and adding shadows throughout the still life adds depth to it. When depth is added to a drawing it appears to come off the paper and gives it a realistic feeling.The shading couldn't be done without my light source though.The light source in my painting came from the background. It cast shadows in the foreground of my composition and helped create the three dimensional effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment