Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Shoe Drawing



Shoe Drawing




      My shoe drawing took a lot of work in practice. In class we practiced doing blind contour line drawings which really helped me learn how to draw the shape of an object. After I learned the basics of how to draw contours, I had to decide what I wanted my composition to be. It was required that we had depth, so I knew that I had to put one shoe behind the other. I used my shoes to find a position that I thought would look good in a drawing. Eventually I settled on the shoe in front being flat, and the one behind it on it's side. When I started drawing I made sure I used my countour lines. But to make it look good, I had to use blending. This is when you use a tissue to spread out the lead from your pencil. This made the shoes look more dimensional and gave it the depth it needed. I also added a light source, which came from the top left corner of my paper. This cast shadows that gave my drawing value. Where the shadows were, the shoes were darker. All of these elements together helped create my drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment